Saturday, January 22, 2011

Pinwheel Tutorial

 The Birds and the Bees
Straight talk about quilting color basics. 
What were you thinking of?
So… I am a visual learner and to answer the question of “what if I received back different “blocks” from my 11 other quilter friends-  would they go together and HOW to make sure the zig zag was preserved? 
 I thought about what I know about color values, like light and dark, shades, tints, …. and decided to test it out.  Here is my thinking out loud and a silly analogy that is just for kicks and giggles.





















1 comment:

mardie said...

Jennifer, I have a question. Or rather need a clarification. If I have yellow as my assigned color, then my "twins" are the black and yellow, right? If my color was red, or blue or purple, would that be enough contrast with 2 dark colors? Or would you want us to use a more pastel version of the red, blue or purple?