Thursday, March 1, 2012

It's still February somewhere, right?

I am so glad to get a chance to use my darling little duckies!

I didn't realize how much the facing on the white points would show...darn.
I also hope I did the center circle right. I couldn't find any instructions. But then, it is "just" a circle. LOL




Anybody have a good technique for turning the edges on a circle to keep it a circle?

Jennifer, I hope you like it.  I enjoyed making it and learning a new technique. (Thanks for all the goodies, too!)

4 comments:

Liz said...

so pretty, mom!

Jennifer R. said...

Mardie,

It is so pretty! Isn't it a beautiful pattern! I used the circle printed on the paper instructions Jen included to make a card stock template. Then, I ironed the edges around the cardboard. After the edges were as smooth as I could get them, I pulled out the cardboard template.

Your dresden is beautiful! Love it!

mimisuu said...

Mardie, I love your fabrics! Jennifer is going to have one beautiful quilt. I used the circle on the handout material that Jennifer gave us. I cut out 2 circles bigger than the template and sewed right sides together. My yellow material was thin so I did this to give it a heavier look. I then took my little handy dandy flathead screw driver and gently pressed the seams to get the circle as close to round that I could. I then ironed the circle and sewed it on.
I like Jennifer's idea. Would have been a lot less work for me and given me the same effect.

mardie said...

Great ideas! I will have to remember them. Thanks.