Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sherrie's Bio and completed blocks-

We have really enjoyed putting together the Jan, Feb, and the March squares.  I am posting for my sister Sherrie T., my mom Vee, and myself.

Sherrie's Bio

The first picture is of my sister, Sherrie Torgerson.  She lives in Dardanelle, AR.  She was so sweet to join our quilting group when I shared with her that we were going to need to fill some vacancies this year.  She's a busy girl.  She works part time for a book distributing company and finds herself traveling many days a week to visit public school libraries across many counties in Arkansas.  She usually holds a couple of callings at the Danville Branch in the North Little Rock stake.  Their branch has just celebrated their 20 year anniversary.  She and her hubby have played an integral part in the existence of that branch since the first meeting or before!  She has her last baby, who's 16, still at home.  February has been an exciting month for her.  She has welcomed her 4th grand baby into the world.  Her daughter, Genevieve, had her first child.  She named him Eric, after a son Sherrie lost to cancer in 2000.  Sherrie is mother to 5, including that special Eric who we will see again when we cross the veil.  Her hubby surprised her with a new brother sewing machine at Christmas (what a good man!).  She has forever sewn, making her kids pj's, costumes, etc.  Having said that she, like the rest of us, feels like she has much to learn from this quilting bee.  But, look at her first two squares!  They are beautiful.... 
Just like my sis!
Sherrie and her Dresden Plate for Jennifer S.


This is Sherrie's Christmas tree block for Marnita.  They are so cute!  I love them.  The zig zag appliqué gives the impression that the trees may be fir or pine.  I've got this square, Marnita... if you find yourself in the area of my house again, please stop by.

Sherrie's Christmas Tree block for Marnita
Vee's March Block
Night and Day

Mom's block was SO fun!  And it was quite easy to put together after a few minutes of study!  Mardie and Sherrie D., your fabric and templates were put into the mail yesterday.  Please let me know if you don't see them by the weekend.

Jennifer R's Block

Mom's Block 


Hope you are all enjoying this as much as I am!  Don't forget to try to come over to my house the morning of the 12th.  Sherrie D.- I know you are a busy momma!  But, if you find yourself needing a road trip from Iowa, you are welcome to stay with me!  Ladies, please don't forget your paper templates and both fabrics.  Oh- I thought I may provide some Chicken Salad Croissants for us to snack on.  If you'd like to bring something, i.e. fruit or something you may, but you don't have to!  

3 comments:

Photo Jenn Inc. said...

WOW! Amazing must run in your family! You all have it. I love the Dresden Plate! I love stars and yellow and blue. So refreshing! Thanks all!

mardie said...

I got my package today! Woo Hoo! These squares are amazing and inspiring. Sherrie, I love your Christmas trees. These are going to make an amazing quilt for Marnita.

Good job everybody. This is exciting!

mimisuu said...

Wow!Wow!Wow! What beautiful blocks. They are all gorgeous. Jennifer, I will drop off your mom's square and pick mine up after seminary either today or early next week. I drive by Mardie's house everyday taking my kids to school. If you ever have something for her just put it in my pack and I can get it to her.