Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Star Light Star Dark

Here is my square for March. I was really afraid of doing paper piecing but ended up loving this type of quilting.  It was a little like connecting all the dots to get a picture!  The square actually came together really quickly once I figured out the right placement on the paper pattern.





Here is a closeup of the fabric.


I am so glad I got to do this square and learn something new.  It's fun to discover new things and find out that you really like them!

6 comments:

mardie said...

Marnita, this is gorgeous! Your lines and colors are so crisp. You did a great job. The pressure is on!

Jennifer R. said...

Mardie- My mom dropped your fabric and templates in the mail yesterday. You should probably get them by tomorrow. Marnita- It looks beautiful. Mom is going to love it!

mardie said...

I just logged on to ask what I could do to get my fabric, etc. Thanks! I will wait by the mailbox!

BTW: If you are handing packets out at church, you can always give them to either Teriney or Maria Mae and they will get stuff to me. (although not Maria Mae probably for a while) Teriney is in Primary now.

Thanks again.

Sherrie Dillon said...

Got my packet in the mail on Saturday for the Star Dark Star Light block. I am going to see if I can figure it out. It is a really neat block and the ones done are just beautiful.

Vanitta said...

I guess your thinking I have lost my eyesight. oh maybe i did for a minute, but the first picture I looked at was a little more distant which looked to me like mosaic. duh, But I still love the fabric and the little sunflowers. Scuse please. Just mark it up to age :)

Vanitta said...

After all I am 3 quarters of a century old. :)