Friday, February 10, 2012

Sweet Trees, Is it Christmas? =)

We have a couple of blocks ready for you. I hope you like them. The first one is mine. With the exception of the stars, I appliquéd these with translucent thread. The trees were embroidered with a Clear Polyester thread that I found at Hobby Lobby. It gives the opportunity to focus on the fabric print.



Another View- These ornaments were appliquéd with a Mettler (Metallic Silver) thread. It is also translucent but, has a tendency to reflect a little more light. I though it was a nice effect on the ornaments.

Another view. This tree has JOY. Can you see it. The word JOY is embroidered in thin burgundy at the base of the small green tree.



This is my Mom's (aka Vanitta or Vee) tree block. Her inspiration tree required a bit more effort. I think it looks very festive. I think it will be a nice addition. The lighting was very bad. It is hard to see the true colors in this photo.


My favorite part of her block are the gifts under the tree. She appliquéd with a zigzag across the ribbon of the presents. Again, the colors are not reflected to be true due to the lighting. I should probably pull out a real camera instead of my phone for shooting block pics.

Marnita, I hope you like them! We enjoyed doing them very much!

5 comments:

Liz said...

these are great! love the trees!

mardie said...

Wow! These are wonderful. I love them both!

Jennifer R. said...

Thank you!

mimisuu said...

I am blown away by these. I love seeing how everyone has brought the inspiration to life! I must say that I will probably have the most beautiful Christmas quilt ever!

llewellynw said...

Vanitta and Jennifer....your trees are so great. You two are so creative. I love Vanitta's presents too.