Saturday, February 4, 2012

Mardie's "Scrappy Stars" From 2011

I am very close to finishing my "Scrappy Stars" quilt from last year. It is "bordered", "pinned" with backing and batting. I just need to decide what style of quilting to use. I embroidered the names of those who contributed to the quilt on their star so I'll never forget who's star is who's.  I'll show you a few of those. I chose a black with multi colored dot backing. (If you are wondering about the small square in the near center... it was a mistake I fixed later!) 

Thank you to all you 2011 "Trading Piecers"! I am loving it! Hugs, Mardie.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME MORE PROJECTS FROM 2011!



4 comments:

llewellynw said...

Are you having it quilted or you doing it yourself?

llewellynw said...

I love it with the black background. You inspire me.

mardie said...

Quilting this is my current dilemma. I have done some "stitching in the ditch" (or as I like to call it, "stitching in the vicinity of the ditch"). But I am thinking that this one might be best with a random stitch pattern. I don't know if I dare try that... It is adorning my Dining Room table in the mean time. Any recommendations?

I am so glad you and Marnita like this. Thanks. I am in love with it.

I haven't been feeling well for a while and have finished a few projects and gotten a few closer to finishing. It feels good to finish!

mimisuu said...

Mardie, I think some type of pattern would look perfect on this! Do you have a template for a diamond or star pattern? I can't wait to see the finished product.