Friday, June 24, 2011

Policy Meeting

I have some concerns that need resolution and discussion.

1. Lara, I heard from Kristin that you are thinking of changing your square for the month. I would like to know for sure before I start cutting my fabric.

2. I also heard that Jennifer R. has received only 4 of her 11 squares for APRIL!

3. Jennifer S., Connie & Terri... have you received all of your promised squares? I know that for MAY, Kristin has one in her possession with one more shown on the website.

4. I think we need to be in or out! All of us have complicated lives. Life is crazy! Things happen. I think though that we need to communicate when we are late. I think we need to post when we are done. I think we need to acknowledge receipt of squares that are sent.

5. With 4 squares done for April and only 2 squares done for May, and Lara rethinking her square for June, I propose that we take a month's break and catch up. It is not crucial that we do 12 squares in 12 months. I think it is more important to have fun and post our progress and catch up. I am frankly jealous of the "12squared" group and how they are talking back and forth and sharing other projects and apologizing for being late and sharing frustrations, etc. Our post seems really silent...

6. May I suggest a get together at my house? Bring your machine and your latest square(s) and of course some food and we will talk and laugh and sew and get to know each other better. Send me a vote for Tuesday, July 12th or Tuesday, the 19th @ 7pm.

I will now step off my soap box...
Love to all,
Mardie

6 comments:

Connie Tollett said...

I agree....we have let too many things get in the way (myself included). I have just procrastinated on getting squares done. I got behind because I sewed Jennifer R.'s square wrong and am in the process of re-doing it. I still need to work on Kristen's and get started on Lara's square.

I am all for a group get together and either night works for me.

Connie

Jen said...

Mardie, I love you.

Unknown said...

I'll work on securing a sitter for either night. I will also bring Christmas fabric if anyone needs it.

llewellynw said...

Thanks for your note, Mardie! I totally agree with you. I'll be out of town on the 12..but the
19th would be great for me. My square for Jennifer R. was also wrong...because I copied off of Connie! LOL!

Courtney said...

Thanks so much mardie! A month to catch up would be great! I can't make it to the get together but I can be done by the end of July.

mimisuu said...

Count me in. I would be happy to get caught up. I might need to borrow a machine. Mine is way back in the room and with a new kitchen being put in, I don't think it will be unpacked any time soon. I'm okay with either night.