Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Triangles for August


My inspiration for this month's quilt is borrowed from one of Emily Sigler's favorites... It is a "FairyFace" Design. Here it is:





































I am wanting a throw for my house. I have chosen a Moda line "Urban Cowgirl". (I like the name! Yee Hah!) Lots of greens, browns, roses, etc. 
I love the fabrics and colors. 
The design will be simple and easy. 

I am sending you ALL of the fabric that you will be using. 
• Eight 5" squares of the "Urban Cowgirl" 
• One 5" strip of "Bella" cream fabric. 
Please do not use anything else! I am asking for more than a 12 1/2 " square because you don't have to use any of your own fabric. 

• Sew 1/4" seams.
• Use a light cream thread.
• Keep the cream in the upper left corner of the squares.

Cut your 5" strip of cream into 5" squares. 
You will have 8 of the cream and 8 of the pattern.


With right sides together, pin 1 cream and 1 patterned piece together.
Draw a line corner to corner.
Stitch 1/4" on each side of the drawn line. 
Please measure for 1/4".

Chain the pieces together to save thread. 
Stitch down then turn and stitch back up. 

Now you have a lovely chain of 8 squares.
Snip them apart.

Cut alone the diagonal line to create the triangles shown below.

Open and press the seam "light to dark/pattern" on each square.



Please trim the corners to square things up.

Sew 2 squares together. Press light to dark.
Then 4 squares together. Keep the center points precise. 
Press the last/center seam open (not to the side) to lessen the bulkiness of the center of the square. 

Do this 4 times and you will have Four "4 squares" to send me.
Please DO NOT square off or trim, I'll do that. 


I will then be able to mix them up for the overall "randomness" of the quilt.

Thank you, ladies. I am excited to start getting squares.
(Your fabric is in the mail!)

Mardie

2 comments:

Jennifer R. said...

This looks great! Can't wait to get the pkg!

mimisuu said...

I'm excited about this.