Monday, September 12, 2011

Five scrappy squares for Mardie!


I have received FIVE scrappy squares! Thankyou, Lara, Courtney, Llewellyn, Marnita and Connie!! It is like Christmas when you get a square. I am so excited!! THANK YOU!

I have also been making my own "Rainbow-Ticker Tape" squares. I am ready to sew them together. I would like your vote/input on the layout.

I will leave each row in it's own family, but am wondering if you like layout "A" with the darker colors at the bottom of the quilt or layout "B" with the rows alternating with Light to Dark then Dark to Light, etc.

This was a project done by "12squared" and Liz and I loved it so much, we made our own. It was so fun! Quite addicting I must say...

Layout "A"

Layout "B"

6 comments:

Courtney said...

I like A the best! What a fun quilt! Good job!

emilysigler said...

I also like A better. they look wonderful!

The Beaumonts said...

hey my sewing machine is acting a fool sooo i have to take it to get fixed.... so your square that has almost been done is still going to be just almost done! Just letting you know... I might have to come over and use yours. :(

mardie said...

No problem! Come on over.

Jennifer R. said...

Hi Mardie, I love this! I like the layout on "A" better. I think it is smoother to the eye.

Jennifer S and I finished your scrappy square tonight. I'm going to take a pic and do my best to post it tomorrow.... so happy that they will be coming to you soon!

mardie said...

I am excited! Can't wait to see them.

I decided on "A". It is sewn together and I just finished the border. Now to get my nerve up and try my hand at doing some "stitch in the ditch" and finish this up. I am loving it. It is so bright and fun. Liz and I used some fabrics that I have had around for 30 some years. Cool!