Thursday, April 7, 2011

My latest project

My name is Connie and I am addicted to fabric.   Whew....it is out there now.  I have a stash.  I love to buy new fabric and patterns....I really love to sew. The problem is that I am always busy doing something else, but not this past week...oh, no.  My stash was calling my name.

I have had this stack of charms for over a year. 



Recess by American Jane (Moda)

 I have bounced around a couple of ideas but none really took. 

My friends at 12 Squared are working on a twisted 9 patch this month....
and I had seen this done before so I decided to pull out the charm packs and go to work.

lay out your charms in a 9 patch then sew them together
Cut through the center squares


turn and cut through the center squares in the other direction


now, your 9 patch is 4 squares



twist them around


Sew them together and ta da -- you have a twisted 9 patch.

not the best picture but hopefully you can see how it looks all put together.

Now, I am going to order some fabric for the backing and binding...
hopefully I can find some of this Recess fabric.

I really like the way it turned out and can't wait to finish the quilting part.

7 comments:

emilysigler said...

you've been busy! it looks terrific! I love the retro prints.

Did you have any charms left? You could do a scrappy binding. I think Pinwheel has some recess prints.

kristin said...

Pinwheel had some Recess the last time I was there. I bought some myself...but now I'm thinking I need some charm packs:) I LOVE it Connie!

Becca said...

i LOVE this line, connie. i have a charm pack, too. now it think i better get a couple more!

Sarah said...

Mom, it's sooo pretty!

Jennifer R. said...

It's really cute, Connie!

mardie said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

I am working on a pinwheel quilt with this line-maybe it will eventually get done!