Monday, April 11, 2011

Beetle Boy Bug Quilt

While on my ski trip to Utah I stopped here for some fabric therapy.  I was in fabric heaven.  The only problem was that I only had 1 hour to shop before my rental car was due back....bummer....I could have stayed in this store for hours. 

One of the first things I saw when I walked into the store was a quilt using  a pattern called Strip Search by G. E. Designs with some great Dr. Suess fabric.  My very first thought was I MUST MAKE THIS QUILT FOR MY SON!!!   So now to find the fabric.

I was rushing to find the perfect fabric and running out of time....then I found this fun fabric by Ellen Crimi-Trent called Beetle Boy.  Umm, my little boy LOVES bugs!!!   So what better fabric to create a fun quilt for my sweet guy.




After cutting my 2.5 inch strips I sewed them together.


You cut your strips into squares and then cross cut them into triangles.
You actually have two different sizes for your squares so that you end up
with different size triangles to put together.

This is the finished top when you sew the various triangles together to make the squares.


This was one of the easiest and fastes quilts to make.  Once I had the top finished I decided I didn't want to use the stripe fabric for the back so I went online to find more fabric to go with this and came across this shop and they had the beetle bug backing for another quilt they were doing with the same fabric line...I ordered the backing and some more red to make the binding.  



I absolutely LOVE the way it turned out!!


AND, my little guy loves it too.  He is looking forward to cuddling up in it to watch tv.
Now....what next????

5 comments:

Jennifer R. said...

Connie, This is too cute! I love the Beetle Boy line. I've had my eye on it for my boys for a while now! It looks SO good with your quilt design! Well done!

emilysigler said...

now that's the kind of bed bugs I don't mind! ;) so adorable!

llewellynw said...

This is really cute. I have a questions. Did you machine quilt and did you cut the fabric into squares before cutting diagonal?

kristin said...

you are UNSTOPPABLE!! i love this pattern, beautiful, Connie!

mardie said...

What I love about Connie's postings of her projects is that they come with tutorials! Way to go, Connie. I love the back as much as the front!