Friday, March 11, 2011

Ok, I am out of control! Can't stop! I'm avoiding housework, cooking and even gardening... this is bad!

Sent 2 squares to Connie... I really like the "scrappy" ones better than my homogeneous one.








Had so much fun making Jennifer's zig-zags, I made some of my own. I think I will border it with the "Scooby Doo" fabric and give it to my grandsons for a TV "lap" blanket.













I have had a stack of these squares that my Grandma Grace made years ago. (she's been gone for over 20 years!) I have hung on to them waiting for inspiration. There were 20 squares in all, so I have been able to put 2 quilts together. I did the sashing in a "white-on-white" fabric. Then each top has a small border of the fabric that will be it's backing. I think Grandma would be pleased. (If I had really been on the ball I would have put a colored square in the middle of the white "9-squares"... LOL) Grandma was getting old when she made the squares and some of them have mistakes. I have left the mistakes, it adds to the character of the squares.

Bring on the plan for March, Terri! (Who needs a clean house and home cooked food anyway... they are highly overrated!)

5 comments:

llewellynw said...

Mardie,I agree who needs food and a clean house. I love all your squares. You've been so productive.

Liz said...

You are awesome, mom!!

kristin said...

I'm so impressed, Mardie! I love that you are finishing your grandma's quilt...so neat.

Jennifer R. said...

Mardie,

I love that you are putting together your grandma's blocks. That makes my heart happy. What a sweet thing. I love the zig zag, too! It is on my todo list for sure!

mimisuu said...

This is so addictive, isn't it! I love doing this. I still remember helping my grandmother tie quilts that she made for all her grandchildren one year for christmas. I still have the quilt...She let me choose my colors and fabrics. I never dreamed that I would one day put quilts together!