Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May's Block

1.  Here we go Girls!  Thank you for your patience:):)    My Square is going to be a Pin-Wheel variation. Let's start with 4 colors. Teals, Lime Greens, Golden Yellows, and Coral Reds on a Kona White background. You can use any variation of these colors with some pastels of these colors just not all of them. I would like to have some bright colors incorporated. If you don't have any Kona White let me know and I'll send you some. My colors are below that I have chosen. Cut 2 of each color and 8 of the Kona White. Cut the squares into 4" by 4"s.






















2.  Next you will place the white over each of the colored squares.



















3.  Draw a line diagonally on each square and sew 1/4 inch down each side of that line.




















4.  Then you will cut down those lines to separate them.




















5.  Iron each piece with the seam facing the colored side.




















6.  Once you have sewn, cut and ironed each of the 4" by 4" its time to put together:):)  I would like to have the Coral Reds on the corners.  The Yellows will be pointing up and down. Make the Pin-Wheel the strongest color of the Teal and Green. As you can see below my Green stands out more than my Teal so I made that my Pin-Wheel. If your Teal is the strongest than you can make that your Pin-Wheel.



















7.  Now start sewing the pieces together. I don't think it really matters where you start. As you can see I started up at the top and just starting sewing two together at a time.
















8.  Then I sewed from the top those two together.

 I think you will notice at this point that when I started sewing my squares some how my Pin-Wheel got turned around. LOL I'm sure no one is surprised. Please put together the Pin-Wheel the way I had it laid out before I started sewing.( step 6) When you see my finished square you will see my Pin-Wheel is backwards:)  I plan to take mine a part and fix it:)
















Just a few more stitches and it's finished!

 Like I said before my finished square will be adjusted to match my lay out in step 6.

























I hope you all have a Blessed and Safe summer!    Sherrie T

2 comments:

Sherrie Dillon said...

I got the pictures this time and it all makes perfect sense. I will try to get fabric and get it done before I go to Utah next week. I still have to figure out how to post pictures also. I have tried with no luck up to now.
Sherrie Dillon

mimisuu said...

I am always secretly happy when I make a mistake. I get to take out the stitches, which I find very calming!