Saturday, January 28, 2012

Trading Pieces Month by Month

I am so excited to start the quilts for 2012.  I wrote everyone's name on a slip of paper, shook them up, shook them up again and drew for monthly assignments.  Since it is so late in January I will take that month.  I will post the tutorial ASAP.  Some of you already have a strip of fabric that I would like you to use in your square.  I will get the material to all others this week.  Since it is so late in the month, you can take a little extra time to complete it.  Our goal will be to have January's square completed by February 29th.

Here are the assignments by month:

January - Marnita
February - Jennifer S.
March - Vanitta
April - Julie
May - Sherrie T.
June - Sallie
July - Emily
August - Mardie
September - Connie
October - Jennifer R
November - Sherrie D.
December - Llewellyn

Llewellyn, I swear I didn't rig this.  I don't know how I manage to draw your name for the holiday month each time!

I will work up an address list for us and email to each one of you so that we can get fabric or completed squares to each piece trader.  If any of these months are a problem for any of you, please let me know and I might be able to switch with someone.  Connie, isn't it nice that I didn't draw your name for March or April since you will be running yourself ragged getting Sarah's wedding ready?  Again, just a random thing that worked in your favor.

4 comments:

llewellynw said...

Marnita, why do you not love me? :)

mimisuu said...

I do love you. I don't know why your name keeps getting drawn in the holiday months.

mardie said...

I love you Llewellyn, do you need to trade?

llewellynw said...

Sniff, Sniff, no I'll be okay. Thanks for offering though. I was really just harassing Marnita.