Thursday, February 13, 2014

Oh my goodness, it is February already!!!   We have to get busy to get this year underway!  

Emily Sigler is no longer participating in the quilting group but hopefully the rest of you are still planning on continuing.   

So in order to get this year going and on track I need to hear from each of you pronto.....please respond to let me know if you are in for the year or out for the year.  Once I have all the "ins" then I will post the months you will be responsible for your tutorial.  The reason it has been difficult to keep this group going is because very few of us post on this blog with our finished projects, quilt blocks for each month, posting accomplishments as you quilt things outside of this group.  Mardie Tobler has been the one consistent participant who has shared all of her projects within the group and outside the group....follow her example!!   We also need a FIRM commitment to post your tutorial the 1st week of the month; to complete your squares each and every month (no waiting 6 months to do this)....it is very difficult for the recipient of the squares to complete their project when they have to wait 6 or 7 months for the square...please consider all these things before you say yes you are "in."  

Currently you should be finishing up on any previous quilt blocks not submitted to recipients this past year. Quilters, if you still have blocks out there please post on this blog to let everyone know you are missing squares.    

If posting on the blog is a struggle for you there are plenty of us out here who are willing to help you or show you how to post on the blog...just let someone know.  Also, if you are having problems completing a square due to time or difficulty, there are people in the group who would love to work together on some of the squares...just let us know as well.

Hoping to hear from all of you ASAP.....

Connie

6 comments:

Blissful Deviations said...

Hello! I am Kristin McElderry, Liz Johnson's sister in law. I also know Liz Holman from when I was in the Pinnacle Mtn. ward. If you have ladies drop out... I would LOVE to join! I have been following all of your posts for a while and love the work you ladies do! I live in Boston and can definitely commit to keeping up the time commitments and posting/sending stuff in on time.

My email is kristinmcelderry (at) gmail (dot) com.

Thanks!
Kristin

Connie Tollett said...

Welcome to the group Kristin!! So far, Llewellyn, Connie, Marnita, and Kristin are in for this year. Come girls let me know what you are planning to do!!

Jennifer R. said...

Vee and I are IN! :)

mardie said...

I just checked the blog. I was going to suggest Kristin's name as someone who was interested in joining a quilting group! Yes, Kristin, I have had your contact info this long! Anyway, welcome!

Can I suggest a REALLY clean slate and just start in March? Then we won't be 2 squares behind! What do you all think?

mimisuu said...

We now have a really clean slate! I started it at March with Llewellyn. If anyone sees or talks to Sherri D. or Liz Johnson, could you ask if they are going to be a part of the bee this year? We really need to get the spots fixed or find some replacements.

Maria Mae said...

I'm in!