Saturday, October 12, 2013

SEPTEMBER BLOCK FOR MARIA MAE




Here is my inspiration for my quilt. It comes from nerospostandpatch.wordpress.com. This quilt is going to be for my mom.... who LOVES butterflies. She is having a difficult time right now, and this would be the most perfect thing to give her some extra comfort.





So, I am sending everyone pattern pieces. There are 2. A and B.  The "A"pieces are the wing pieces and "B" is the middle piece of the butterfly.

 First of all I really want happy and bright colors.... no black or gray please. The "wings" will be all the same material and piece B that goes in the middle will be a coordinating fabric. Step 1: Trace the pattern pieces on the back of your fabric. You will need to trace piece A four times. Step 2: You will also need Kona white to sew the pieces on. The Kona square needs to measure 11 1/2". 




Step 3: Arrange your pieces. Center them the best you can. Leave around 3 1/2" on top. (That's so I can so antenna on each butterfly.) I used some heat n bond to secure the pieces. Then sew the pieces and viola! Allrighty! Hopefully this will be easy peasy cheesy! Thanks everyone!!!!!


I obviously made some oopsies, but I know everyone will do a much better job than I did!!!:)

2 comments:

mardie said...

This looks so cheerful! Your mom will love it!

mardie said...

I need my patterns!